World’s First Marijuana Overdose?

A few days ago, a woman died from a heart attack apparently triggered by a marijuana overdose. However, a lot of doctors are saying that’s it’s not possible to die from smoking weed in such…

ABC World News Diane Sawyer with VNSNY

Diane Sawyer and her crew climbed 17 flights of stairs with Visiting Nurse Service of New York nurse Rosita Ortiz going on a post-Hurricane Sandy home visit.

25 Responses to World’s First Marijuana Overdose?

1. Tri Tebs March 23, 2015 at 8:28 pm

You can die from marijuana. Yes. But the only ways that can happen is 1.
    You have a preexisting cardiovascular condition. 2. You smoke your own
    bodies weight in under an hour. 3. Someone drops a ton of it on you in
    crates which crush every bone in your body. 4. You have a lethal allergy
    directly to the cannabis plant. (Which I’m sure isn’t even possible
    considering every being on Earth has THC/CBD receptors) but to be honest
    these are the only ways cannabis can be the 100% direct cause of death.

2. TakeSum Devan March 23, 2015 at 9:08 pm

everybody that think marijuana is a drug needs to get slapped da shit out
    of…marijuana is a natural plant that grows from da earth that out
    almighty God gave us, all u have to do is grow then smoke it…if weed is a
    drug then anything else that comes from the earth might as well be a drug
    too

3. r steevens March 23, 2015 at 9:26 pm

Weed in whole of Europe, especially in the UK, belgium, Northern france,
    Germany (and recently in holland’s coffeeshops) Are adulterated with HIGHLY
    TOXIC ADULTERANTS (lead or soaked in fertilizer, petrol based substances,
    micro glass beads, Industrial Etchantspray)!! They call it “grit” or “brix”
    or “sugar” weed. It’s also grown with very dangerous ILLEGAL (&cheap..)
    PESTICIDES!! The woman died because of the adulterants not the cannabis
    itself!! The cannabis trade here has been hijacked by a monolithic ruthless
    drug syndicate, they sell poison!

4. Gooby plz March 23, 2015 at 10:07 pm

When I saw my bud smoke a 1g dab. I though I was going to see a man die…

nope he just fucked passed out.

5. Gaz March 23, 2015 at 10:43 pm

you can die from alcohol. that’s legal. period.

6. TheUltimateMuffinMan March 23, 2015 at 11:37 pm

What is wrong with you people…. Why do you defend it so much, more than
    you would your own mother….. I wish there were no drugs, then you pieces
    of shit would kill yourselves and stop poisoning the rest of us. Weed can
    be dangerous it is a hallucinogen and I’ve seen people do too much, I have
    myself and it’s not pretty. I still feel some effects of doing it too much
    one time, and no it wasn’t laced, and it’s really amazing how weed is the
    new God to some of you, pathetic really. What would you base your life
    around if you didn’t have it? Or are you that boring and a waste of human
    life. Why the drug craze are we that devolved? Maybe it sounds lame idk,
    but I don’t need drugs to feel good, in fact I’ve never felt better being
    off drugs, I know, it’s your life not mine, but you’ll influence others
    too, and more people will get psychological disorders and other things and
    yes, even die, but you’ll just blame it on another factor I know, but the
    point is I frankly just wish it didn’t exist, we’d be better off that
    way…

7. DepresedSoldier March 23, 2015 at 11:55 pm

of course, a fat american

8. TheDomoBud March 24, 2015 at 12:25 am

All I know is that I want what she was smoking.

9. 吴岳岩 March 24, 2015 at 12:42 am

If anyone smokes a third of their body weight, the likely cause of death
    would probably be suffocation…

10. Jae A March 24, 2015 at 1:00 am

half a joint my ass BULLSHIT!!!!

11. DEVIN ALLEN March 24, 2015 at 1:04 am

Smoking is bad for you no matter what you’re smoking. Kind of wish pot
    heads would learn that by now. and dont use the whole it’s better than cigs
    cop out. yes it is, but smoking is still bad for you. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (No
    matter what you’re smoking, idiot)

12. Griimnak March 24, 2015 at 1:41 am

well shit i guess i’m gonna die because i just smoked 3 joints

13. Iphecle Kennedy March 24, 2015 at 2:35 am

Just when I was starting to like this channel this thing shows up damnit

14. Yisrael Garcia March 24, 2015 at 3:17 am

It was obviously the tobacco mixed in the weed,I only smoke pure weed cuz
    tobacco is bad

15. Guy Metcalfe March 24, 2015 at 4:02 am

It’s obvious the pathologist killed her…………….

16. Troy Rubia March 24, 2015 at 4:44 am

The racists are still trying to reverse engineer cannabis prohibition. :-(

17. minzi2047 March 24, 2015 at 4:46 am

I second the notion that she had preexisting conditions. I smoked weed for
    5 years all while having anxiety problems and everything was fine until my
    uncle died and thoughts of spirits started flooding my head. And I had a
    panic attack while I was high which made the experience so in-depth and
    detailed I tried relaxing but you know how being high is, thoughts just fly
    all over the place and my heart began to race I thought I was dying. I even
    told my doctor “trust me the weed was fine it wasn’t laced.” and later
    emailed me that I was right.

18. Lucas_Brainz March 24, 2015 at 4:50 am

She didn’t overdose. It would take a SHIT TON more. I’ve gone through whole
    half Os in a day and the only damage it did was get me waaaay too fucking
    high and raped my tolerance. She prolly smoked what, half a gram? That’s a
    28th of what I took solo in a day.

19. MrMix3 March 24, 2015 at 5:42 am

I love how people want that cannabis stays illegal cos of this, but they
    dont see that more people die more easily from alcohol and tobbaco than
    thc…

20. Ryan Herrera March 24, 2015 at 5:52 am

damn i need to get my hands on what she smoked

21. bonfred nule March 24, 2015 at 6:03 am

Ewwwwwwwww LaCie green

22. KeepHope2012 March 24, 2015 at 6:28 am

You can’t die of marijuana. You can die from smoking it directly in mask
    inhaling only exhaled smoke. Which in return kills oxygen to the brain. To
    simply explain it. So which is why “scientist” or government provided
    rather says weed kills brain cells. Which when they did the study and took
    samples the monkey had been given the most potent of thc levels, not
    providing oxygen. Then they took samples after death. So from lack of
    oxygen the cells died and of course a few after death.

23. TheGeneralOfWar March 24, 2015 at 6:46 am

Does anyone actually believe the thumbs up RATING for this video? Just look
    at the comments and how it’s the total opposite of the thumbs up rating….

This channel is obviously paying for thumbs….

THUMBS UP THIS IF YOU AGREE!!

24. moe mann March 24, 2015 at 7:24 am

hogwash mj overdose only leads to a massive headache

25. DeuceVandalismKidd March 24, 2015 at 7:28 am

There is only two things on my mind right now . 1. How good this girl
    probably is at giving neck 2.How i wish i would have been there to
    finish that joint for her.